Structure Long-tail Keywords For Voice Search
Longer keywords have always been a great tool for ranking well with your target demographic. The logic behind this is that by using less competitive, more specific keywords, your page is more likely to be placed in front of your target audience. Voice search has only made long-tail keywords even more useful. Your ideal customer is likely not searching for one or two words, but instead with questions, phrases, or even complete sentences. When developing and optimizing content for your website, try thinking less about keywords and more about key phrases. To optimize your content to suit voice search, consider using the questions your target audience would ask to find your website. Writing some pages in “Frequently Asked Questions” form is a way to do this in a way that feels natural. Other ways to use key questions in your content may be in the form of titles or headings.
Earn Voice Search Traffic Near You By Optimizing For Your Location
Thanks to smarter search engines and virtual assistants, our location at any moment is automatically known via GPS. These understood location settings have increased the importance of being optimized for your location in order to show up in location-specific search results. There are three main ways to optimize your organization’s online presence for your location:
- Make sure your Google My Business listings are completely filled out.
- Use location-specific keywords and key phrases in your website content.
- Include website markup coding on your website. This additional website markup will help tell search engines where your business is located.
Optimize For Voice Search By Continuing To Optimize For Search Engines
Much of the same criteria required for search engine optimization carries over to voice search. Because of this, maintaining the SEO of your website will help your website remain relevant in voice search — especially as voice search technology continues to evolve. Though this is the case, there are some areas of SEO that may increase your voice search optimization the most.
- Make sure your website loads quickly. Because most people accessing your website via a voice search are doing so on a mobile device, having a fast website has never been more important. If you’re not sure how fast your website is loading, you can check it using Google’s PageSpeed Insights tester or a third-party website checker such as GTmetrix.
- Make sure your domain is reputable. What do we mean by having a reputable website? Search engines and users alike want to know that your website is a trustworthy source of content. In order to increase your site’s trustworthiness, it’s helpful to have other reputable websites linking to your website content as a source.
- Though there are a variety of tips to help increase search engine visibility, no other SEO trick beats creating genuinely helpful content. Consistently create content that answers questions related to your industry and is worth sharing.
- Keep your visitor’s data secure by making sure that your website has an SSL certificate. Though this has become somewhat of a given, it’s important to remember.
As voice search technology increases, it will continue to dramatically shape online search. In order to keep your digital marketing efforts sharp and relevant, we invite you to speak with the marketing professionals at Brookside Studios. Learn how to continue to perpetuate your brand online and beyond.